ASSIST-IoT project has actively contributed to “Shaping the Future of IoT with Edge Intelligence How Edge Computing Enables the Next Generation of IoT Applications” book!
This book presents the technologies that empower edge intelligence, along with their use in novel IoT solutions. Specifically, it presents how 5G/6G, Edge AI, and Blockchain solutions enable novel IoT-based decentralized intelligence use cases at the edge of the cloud/edge/IoT continuum. Emphasis is placed on presenting how these technologies support a wide array of functional and non-functional requirements spanning latency, performance, cybersecurity, data protection, real-time performance, energy efficiency, and more. The various chapters of the book are contributed by several EU-funded projects, which have recently developed novel IoT platforms that enable the development and deployment of edge intelligence applications based on the cloud/edge paradigm. Each one of the projects employs its own approach and uses a different mix of networking, middleware, and IoT technologies. Therefore, each of the chapters of the book contributes a unique perspective on the capabilities of enabling technologies and their integration in practical real-life applications in different sectors. The book is structured in five distinct parts. Each one of the first four parts focuses on a specific set of enabling technologies for edge intelligence and smart IoT applications in the cloud/edge/IoT continuum. Furthermore, the fifth part provides information about complementary aspects of next-generation IoT technology, including information about business models and IoT skills. Specifically:
- The first part focuses on 5G/6G networking technologies and their roles in implementing edge intelligence applications.
- The second part presents IoT applications that employ machine learning and other forms of Artificial Intelligence at the edge of the network.
- The third part illustrates decentralized IoT applications based on distributed ledger technologies.
- The fourth part is devoted to the presentation of novel IoT applications and use cases spanning the cloud/edge/IoT continuum.
- The fifth part discusses complementary aspects of IoT technologies, including business models and digital skills.
Find the book and the ASSIST-IoT’s contributions here: https://www.riverpublishers.com/research_details.php?book_id=1102