The 2nd ASSIST-IoT Open Call is officially announced and starts at 1st of July 2022! The ASSIST-IoT project has reserved part of the project budget to fund specific activities in order to enhance and improve IoT features and applications and boost the NGIoT community across Europe. Third parties are expected to come along and carry out relevant actions during the project’s life cycle.
These later-joining entities will be selected by the evaluation means of the Open Call which will be dedicated to integration and validation of the proposals within any of the ASSIST-IoT three pilots.
ASSIST-IoT PROJECT OVERVIEW
ASSIST-IoT is an EU H2020 ICT-56-2020 funded research project running for 36 months which aims at the design, implementation and validation of an open, decentralized reference architecture, associated enablers, services and tools, to assist human-centric applications in multiple verticals. ASSIST-IoT will design, implement and validate, in a realistic, measurable, and replicable way, a unified innovative multi-plane (semi-)autonomous decentralized edge-cloud reference architecture, supplemented by cross-cutting digital enablers. The architecture will support continuous integration and long-term sustainability of domain-agnostic, interoperable, self-* capable, intelligent, distributed, scalable, secure and trustworthy IoT ecosystems. More information available here.
ASSIST-IoT 2nd OPEN CALL TIMELINE
ASSIST-IoT 2nd OPEN CALL GOALS
- Validation and improvement of technical components of the architecture.
- Take up of ASSIST-IoT by application developers, domain experts and entrepreneurs to create new applications and services.
- Pushing ASSIST-IoT technology and service visibility on the market.
- Supporting an innovative, dynamic and industry open ecosystem around ASSIST-IoT results.
- Gathering new market relevant inputs ASSIST-IoT components and finding industry experts to improve technical capabilities as well as filling possible missing functions, needed adoptions or modifications.
ASSIST-IoT 2nd OPEN CALL PILOT CHALLENGES
- Low-cost accurate GPS development
- Data semantic translator for the context of maritime terminals
- Stack collision prevention in port yards
- Maritime CHE Path optimising
- MR support for OSH training in the construction field
- Vision-based hazard monitoring
- 2D/3D localization map user interface with BIM interaction
- Eco-driving and automotive navigation system as a service
- 3D Image registration in the context of automated vehicle inspection via scanner
- Reflections- and shadows-noise removal on scanned images of vehicles
- Image acquisition and processing from user-wear edge nodes
(others TBD soon)
ASSIST-IoT 2nd OPEN CALL GLOBAL CHALLENGES
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable device layer components, based on different low-level communication standards or on ad-hoc proprietary device solutions.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable networking layer components, based on different standards higher-level communication standards or on ad-hoc proprietary networking solutions to be tested in ASSIST-IoT pilots.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable middleware layer components. These need to deal with the different middleware services such as discovery, management, querying, coordination and interaction.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable application service components. These should exploit major standards and be integrated with ASSIST-IoT API.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable data and semantics components. Specifically, semantics layer components have to deal with heterogeneous IoT ontology matching.
- Design, implementation and integration of virtualization mechanism for smart objects, including context aware mechanisms and transfer of virtual objects between servers and cloud platforms.
- Design, implementation and integration of fog/edge/cloud support mechanisms, including support for different services, inter cloud mechanisms applied to IoT and support for virtualization.
- Design, implementation and integration of AI/ML libraries and tools addressing ASSIST-IoT pilots.
ASSIST-IoT 2nd OPEN CALL CONTEXT
The Open Call is addressed to (specially) SMEs and startups, research and academia entities and innovators to provide new services/devices/innovations in the scope of one of the three pilots of the project (More information about the ASSIST-IoT Pilots here).
Participants must select one of the three pilots in order to perform the validation of ASSIST-IoT technologies and development. The third parties must show how their contribution would help enlarging the ASSIST-IoT ecosystems as indicated in the evaluation criteria. They have to contribute to the ASSIST-IoT paradigm. Selected entities will receive funds as third parties of the Project Coordination – Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) – and the research results will belong to the whole consortium. Also, a collaboration agreement will be signed with the ASSIST-IoT coordinator and the third party.
ASSIST-IoT 2nd OPEN CALL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & FUNDING
The Open Call is addressed to individual European SME, Universities and Research Centres that can contribute to the ASSIST-IoT paradigm. Only single participants accepted (no consortiums allowed).
- A total of € 480’000.00 will be distributed to external third parties in the 2nd Open Call of ASSIST-IoT.
- 8 projects to be selected and funded from the second Open Call.
- Each Open Call winner will be funded with a lump-sum amount of € 60’000.00
- Duration of projects is maximum 9 months.
More details on the Open Call #2 context, applicants’ eligibility and procedures will be available 1st July 2022!
ASSIST-IoT 2nd Open Call in a nutshell
Project: ASSIST-IoT (EU H2020 ICT-56-2020)
2nd Open Call budget: € 480’000.00
A total of 8 projects are expected to be selected and funded during second Open Call
Project budget range: € 60’000.00 (in lump-sum form)
Opening date: 1st July 2022
Closing date: 14th October 2022 at 17:00 CET
Results announced: 20th December 2022
Contact person: Ignacio Lacalle Úbeda (Universitat Politècnica de València – UPV)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org