ASSIST-IoT IEEE GLOBECOM Workshop – Call for Papers
ASSIST-IoT and InGenious projects co-organise the 1st edition of Human Centric and Tactile IoT Workshop jointly held with IEEE GLOBECOM 2021, Madrid, Spain, December 7‐11, 2021. Call for Papers is now open! Submission deadline extended :
5 July 2021 15 July 2021 31 July 2021.
Call for Papers
IoT technologies and applications are bringing fundamental changes to all sectors of society and economy and constitute an essential element of the Next Generation Internet, which encompass a number of such as enabling technologies such as 5G, cyber-security, distributed computing, artificial intelligence (AI), Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality. Recently, the term Internet of Senses has been coined as one of the main drivers for the sixth generation (6G) of wireless communications systems, leveraging the Tactile Internet to a whole new level, ensuring end-user trust, adequate security and privacy by design, making it human-centric.
This Workshop aims at investigating Human-centricity and Tactile Internet as key enablers for the next-generation Internet of Things (IoT) by welcoming paper submissions providing innovative research as well as technical contributions on providing solutions to interoperability, integration, and interconnection of heterogeneous IoT systems, at any specific level (device, networking, middleware, application services, data and semantics) and at global platform level.
Topics of Interest
– Next generation IoT architectures with a focus on user-aware, self-aware and semi-autonomous IoT systems.
– New real-time capable solutions, which solve performance challenges such as streaming and filtering at the edge, latency and network constraints.
– New distributed AI, address security, privacy and trust requirements by design and allow for new decentralised topologies and governance.
– Interoperability mechanisms coping with the increased complexity of connecting vast numbers of heterogeneous devices with escalating demands for data sharing.
– Techniques for privacy protection, data monetization and contractual arrangements (e.g. blockchains/DLTs) for ensuring secure and trusted interaction.
– Intelligent IoT devices including resource-aware hardware/software concepts, low power processor platforms integrating computing, networking, storage and acceleration elements.
– New communication schemes and topologies that range from the cloud continuum towards mesh and securing computing and communication at device level with constrained resources.
– Contextual IoT based on human-centric sensing/actuating, augmented/virtual reality and new IoT service capabilities.
– Integration solutions with parallel and opportunistic computing capabilities, neuromorphic and contextual computing.
– Time-sensitive and ultra-low latency networking like 5G and beyond (6G) networks, Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) and different mesh networks with low latency capabilities.
31 July 2021: New Submission Deadline.
15 September 2021: Acceptance/Rejection Notification.
15 November 2021: Final camera-‐ready papers.
More information about the workshop and CfP available at: